Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Parole Officer


I want to be a parole officer (probation officer) because it seems like an easy job. They make around $2,600 dollars a month; good money. They have the same jurisdiction as a police officer. They are able to carry a firearm and a badge which makes you an official officer. The only problem is that they babysit adults. They check up and constantly supervise people who just came out of jail or prison and are parole. In some cases if a person did a severe crime like a sex offender, they become on probation for the rest of their life. Where they have constant check-ups and/ or not allowed in a certain area with children. Another downfall with this job is that probation officers get stressed and mentally hurt with all the pressure and interactions, which leaves availability of the job.   
In California in order to be a parole officer you have to go to attend police academy, and have a four year bachelor’s degree in criminal justice. A helpful course would be communication, I don’t know if that is included in the degree in criminal justice. It would be essentially helpful because you interact with multiple people with different mindsets. They were put in jail because of their actions, some more severe but they have a criminal mind.
Throughout the entire outcomes and incomes of the job I see as a great opportunity to help with payments or have a dependable job (salary). If I had the job I wouldn’t want to have this job for a long time period because of the stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment